what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Radiation 3 & 4 down 27 to go.

I'm so exhausted. How exhausted? I actually had to get a calculator to figure out what 31 minus 4 is. Yuck! I teach students more difficult stuff than that all the time but my brain just won't get going today. That should have not even required any thought on my part. I don't think I realized how tired I am until that happened.I also missed yesterday without realizing that I had.

So where are we? They will do blood work every Wednesday so she needs to drink lots of water on Tuesday so here veins are nice and plump and easy to suck blood from. They weighed her today and she only weighed just shy of 97 lbs. that is right where she has been but the doctor wants her putting on more weight or at the very least not to lose any more.

We had dinner at her folks on the way home from radiation which was nice. I thought she did really well, but she always seems to melt after we get home from something like that. Her energy level is just in the pits. I really need to get her to eat more. I also need to try to contact the rehab doctor at the hospital with some questions. I'm looking forward to the weekend and the break it brings from the commute to the hospital and back.    

--edit--  I forgot, I took down the calendar tab because they've changed appointment times on us a few times already and it's just too big of a hassle to keep up to date. And I added some haircut pictures to the picture tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment