what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Friday, July 2, 2010

News Coverage

I don't really know how to feel about it but, The Standard Examiner ran a story on my wife and her tumor today. To me we are just two people like any others. I don't know that our story is any more special than that of the  family across the room. I mean as I sit here in the waiting room and look around, I see a room full of people all of whom are anxious for some loved on. All around me are bleary eyed, worried people. We are just Scott and Katrina, two more in a sea of turmoil.

Thank you all for the love and support you have shown.  It has already been far more than I expected. Truly I had no idea the number of people who would care for/about us.

2 comments:

  1. Having gone through this exact operation with my father 24 years ago, and the advancements that have taken place in that 24 years, it gives a calm assurance and yet brings back many memories. This experience should do nothing more at this time than bring everyone closer together, buoy each other up, and help ease another's burdens. My prayers are with you and your family, and the doctor's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a darling picture and great to see the smile on Katrina's face. It looked like it brought her a lot of joy to know the kids love her so much. Amazing

    ReplyDelete