what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

7-10-10 Afternoon Update

Things are going okay. Katrina hates rehab and that all they do is stupid stuff.  Frankly, from what I've seen so far I'm a little inclined to agree. Cognitive tests that I'd screw up on and stretching make me wonder why we can't do that at home for free. Still at least they told us they'd be giving us our own room today so that might help things feel a little less frustrating. The level of care we receive here is definitely not the same. They didn't serve her dinner last night or breakfast this morning. I wasn't here due to the room situation but my mother-in-law went down and fixed that.  Don't get me wrong the people who have worked with her here seem to be every bit as great as upstairs, but there just seems to be something broken or not quite working right down here. Something behind the scenes.

On the bright side; our kids will be here in about an hour and I know that Katrina is looking forward to seeing her babies. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the staff has been great to us but there just seems to be a breakdown in communication between transfering here from the floor and then with multiple shift changes, things just didn't get passed on like it should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That is so exciting for you and your family. I think that would be the hardest part. I'd miss my kids so much.
    I hope things get better with the behind the scenes thing. There is nothing more frustrating than being in a hospital with poor service. Any more talk of a release date? And from Katrina's post, does she really like visitors? Neil said we could come down and visit.

    ReplyDelete