what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7-7-10 Morning Update

Katrina did pretty good through the night. I spoke with the doctors about the hallucinations she has been having they told me that it could be a result of the narcotics they've had her on and that as they back her off them they'll keep an eye on it and work it up if they need to. That was a major relief to me, I was worried that it would be permanent. I don't know quite how to deal with it. Do I just let her have her fantasies or do I try to anchor her to reality by telling her what has and hasn't happened? Some of the stuff she says is pretty funny and one day I'll have to give her a hard time about it. The same way she gives me a hard time about jabbering on and on about macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes when I came out of having my wisdom teeth removed.

She always has a hard time in the mornings. She begs me not to leave her. I have to re assure her that I'm not going anywhere and that I'll stay with her as long as she wants me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment