what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

7-10-10 Night Update

First of all let me warn you that I'm doing this post on my iPod while I wait for my sleeping pills to kick in. So, if for some reason I start making gross gramatical errors or just plain no sense at all you will know why.

Also, I was trying to moderate comments and I hit publish but blogger threw an error. I tried it a couple more times then it came up and said "comments rejected." please don't be offended if yours was one of them. I did read and appreciate them.

We are now in our own room and I think (cross my fingers) that all the transfer hiccups have been sorted out. We were getting pretty discouraged with how things went, but they are looking up now. They have also adjusted her diet to stuff that is a little softer like pasta and whatnot.

Katrina got to see our kids which was really good for all of us. That's been the one of hardest parts for both of us; the being away from the kids.

We are planning on trying to hit church service here tomorrow. I must admit that 30 minute church in my street clothes sounds like a great idea to me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are feeling more comfortable! Trying to make the best of such a situation is difficult, but things seem to be settling down now so you and Katrina can focus on healing.
    Oh and "Therapy" seems useless at times, but "home health therapy" isn't much better... perhaps even worse :(
    So, just hang in there... Some days, I wish I could ask Heavenly Father "why?" One thing I am sure of is that we knew what trial/s we were going to be asked to handle in this life and accepted them and came anyway. Remember, even the children knew what was going to happen and came too. As strange as it sounds, you will find much strength in your children! Doesn't seem like much comfort now, while you are in the thick of it, but just know ~ Heavenly Father is mindful of you and He doesn't care that you are attending church in your street clothes ~ He is just glad you are there! Continued prayers for Katrina and family...

    ReplyDelete