what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

7-17-10 Morning Update

The 17th! Wow! Have we really been here half a month. It seems to drag by so slowly as it happens and yet here we are only a week or so away from discharge. We also ran into Katrina's Second Cousin, Sean, in the hall today. We had no idea that he worked here.

 I feel like a lot of the time I just post things like "We're good," or Lame updates like that. They keep us pretty busy during the daytime on weekdays and by the time we get done I don't really feel like writing much. So how are things with us exactly? 

I really feel like things are going pretty good. I've seen a lot of progress I really feel like she would be safe to go home any day now. Most of the problems that I think she is still having stem from the double vision which will take time to heal as her brain does. As that slowly gets better I really expect her coordination and such to return to normal given the progress that we have seen already.

She really is doing great considering what she has been through. Part of that is the great people here who work with her. I think that a bigger part is the love support and prayers of all the people who love her coupled with the divine intervention of the Lord.

I truly do feel like we have been blessed despite the trials that we are facing. As I reflect on the original MRI I don't think she would have survived the remainder of the year if we hadn't discovered the tumor. By the time things got bad enough here ventricle might have been closed off leading to death within a couple of hours or the cancer may have spread. Then from there things have just kind of worked out every step of the way. There is just no way that all the little things that have fallen into place beginning even months before we knew could be anything but divine help.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment