what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Friday, July 9, 2010

7/9/10 Night Update

Well after much waiting today they finally moved us down to rehab. There big thing is that she is off balance and slurring her speech. If I was doped up on that much narcotic I'd be off balance and slurring my speech. too. Hopefully as they take her off it most of her functionality returns. Then we can face the Radiation.

Yuck! When I think of radiation I always think of This Movie. Not a pleasant image if you've ever seen it. I know it won't be like the movie, but that is the image "radiation" always brings to mind. It was a good movie though.

The bad news is they stuck her in a room with another lady. That means I'm not allowed to stay with her at night if she wants me to. They promised they'd try to get her in a private room some time this weekend.

Come on Katrina. You've been my strength for so long now and yet not long enough. I know that you have it in you to beat the living daylights out of this rehab thing. And then to take the radiation in stride. I'm rooting for you.

1 comment:

  1. You are 'both' our rock and strength right now! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete