what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Fundraiser

The fundraiser went great. Katrina did awesome and made it through the whole thing. I was expecting her to give out and want to go home after a couple of hours. It was amazing, and I'm truly grateful to Nicole and her family and friends for putting it on for us. I'm also extremely grateful for all the wonderful things that people made to sell. It was truly spectacular. I wish that I could thank each and every person who came, those who made stuff, those who donated, and those who helped put it on. However, that would never be possible. So I want all of you to know that I truly do appreciate the part each of you played in this. 

I know that many of you are wondering what the amount of money we received was. I'm not entirely comfortable sharing that. We did do pretty well and it suffices to say that my stresses about medical bills are alleviated, at least for the time being. You never know what the future will hold but I pray we are walking out of the woods instead of just beginning our journey into its dark heart.

Words truly cannot express how I feel tonight. I was so surprised by who all showed up and all the wonderful beautiful things that were there. Thank you thank you, a million times thank you, to everyone.          

2 comments:

  1. I was quite impressed too with how well she did. I am glad she was able to stay the whole time though. I hope it helped to at least lift her spirits to she how many people care about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Noyes, My name is Morgan Jepson and
    I am a student in your class. We're missing you very much, and we wish that you could be here. The other teachers have told us so much good things about you. I'm glad that the funraiser went well, and we hope that things will progress even more. just know that you are in our thoughts, and prayers. We are wishing you the very best. Morgan Jepson

    ReplyDelete