what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today was kind of crazy.

I suppose I should start with an update. Things went good today. Katrina ate and did well. She has even started trying to do some of the house work. Little things like rinsing dishes and changing diapers. I don't mind her helping more for her sake than mine. She is the type that just has to do things, and as long as she doesn't get to crazy with what she tries to take on it should be good therapy. With the potential for chemo coming up I'm afraid that all this progress maybe short lived. Kind of a tease before it's yanked away again.

I know she's super worried about chemo as well. She tears up any time someone mentions cancer and I think she trys to hide the signs that she has cancer when we are out in public. I tell her that her bald head is a badge of honor and that she has gone through a lot to earn it. I don't know if it makes her feel any better but I really think she should be proud of what she has done and the battles she has fought. She has done great.

It was kind of a crazy day today. This morning I discovered that the sewage clean out plug in our basement had become dislodged. So every time we drained the tub or flushed the toilet part of it was leaking out. I don't know how long it has been like that but I suspect it has been since just before or just after we got home from the hospital. I might not have caught it if I hadn't bathed this morning before I went down stairs. To make a long story short I ran to a couple of different plumbing stores modified some parts to build a plug that would work since the threads were rusted out and then cleaned up the mess. It took the better part of the morning. It also explains why I couldn't get the house to stop stinking. I don't know if anyone else noticed it but I sure did.

This afternoon we took the kiddos to the pediatrician for some minor things that we needed to get them in for but haven't been able to until now.  The doctor wanted a urine sample from our daughter "H" and she adamantly refused to give one so we got to bring stuff home to collect one. We hadn't been home ten minutes before we were running back to the doctors with a fresh urine sample.  Kids sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment