what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

She is still doing pretty good. She had a little episode of nausea at my parents barbecue and I think it embarrassed her more than anything. I keep telling her that they all understand, but she is still pretty upset about it.

As for me, I've taken up the game of golf. My mother-in-law is thoroughly convinced that this means I have finally snapped under the stress of all this. She has even gone so far as to recommend several fine sanitariums where she thinks I would fit in nicely. Okay, maybe she didn't "actually" recommend any hospitals for the insane but that doesn't mean that she doesn't want to. I'm not any good at it but it has been really nice to get out and do something just to get away.

Work starts for me tomorrow and I'm a little worried about that. I want to be able to take care of everything here and I don't know that I can be as functional there as I'd like to be. Still, I don't have much choice.

The last day of radiation therapy is tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Golf, huh? I've never cared to much for the sport, but I hear it is quite leisurely. I'm glad to hear that it's something for you to do and get away. I hope you talked Katrina into her leisurely activity of Cricuting too.
    And as for work, we'll cut you plenty of slack. And hopefully it can be a nice time to gain some of your sanity back. Maybe not, but you never know :)
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can get rooms next to each other...love you all!!

    ReplyDelete