what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Hard Weekend.

It's been a hard weekend for Katrina and Me. Friday afternoon when Doctor Richards told us about the tumor he told us that her regretted having to tell us before a weekend. I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was wrong. Saturday we did great joking about it and taking it in stride. By Sunday night I felt like we crashed. Katrina was exhausted and seeing double. We'd put on our best face for two days but now I was scared. I wanted to scream, to call for help, something, but I felt so impotent. There was nothing I could do for her. She went to bed early which left me alone with my thoughts. I had myself a bath, a good sob, and a long prayer. Then I felt a little  better.

This morning we tried to set up appointments. Which was an extremely frustrating experience. The first doctor she called wouldn't see her until August 16th! August, Stinking, 16th! what a nightmare. We eventually found one that would see us on July 6th but that still felt like an eternity. Finally she got a hold of the neurosurgeon that doctor Richards referred us to and he will be able to see he will be able to see us Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment