what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Monday, January 31, 2011

update 1-31-11

I had a friend lovingly remind me that I hadn't posted an update last week. I didn't forget I just don't like posting the same things over and over.

She goes back on track Friday. It has been nice to have her home, and not to have to drive back and forth to her school drop her off and pick her up. Still, she did do a better job driving last time we tried it. Like everything it is slowly coming back.

when you go through something like this you see the best and worst of some people. It blows me away every time someone acts like a jerk towards her. As if there world will never come crumbling down in a heart beat. I'm sure everyone will be all roses and sunshine to them though because they're different. They're better somehow than everyone else so nothing bad could ever happen to them. Sometimes it has been people we know. Other times it has been random strangers walking by in public places.

But like I said there is the other side of that too. We've seen a lot of unexpected good from people too. I guess peoples true nature is revealed when, in their mind, someone is lesser than they are. Are they kind, loving, tolerant, and Christ like, as so many have been towards us? Or are they petty, self absorbed, and cruel, like a few have been. It has truly been interesting to observe human nature from a disadvantaged state. It brings a whole new meaning to ideas like, "judge not lest you be judged" and "If ye have done it unto one of the least of these."

I can only hope that every good act paid to us is returned ten-fold upon the people who have done them. It is hard for me not to hope the same of those who have done us ill; Because after all, I am just a man. And it stings worse when your are fighting with all you have to be back to "Normal." I am trying to forgive and forget though. And venting like this seems to have helped.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That seems silly to post at the start, but I am glad that venting has helped a little, and I can at least speak for myself that you have a dedicated following, that enjoys the updates and hearing that things are going well.
    Bummer that Katrina is headed back to work and on Fridays of all days.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete