what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Random Update

Occasionally we run into people who tell us that they still check the blog once in a while to see how things are going. So here is a random update.

Katrina no longer teaches. Despite her best efforts she was unable to be successful in  a return to work. It has been really hard on her. She still retains the knowledge and passion that is required to be a teacher, but getting her body and mind to co-operate with the application of that knowledge and passion is a struggle. Even now that she is a stay at home mom she struggles whenever she encounters very much stress. Don't get me wrong, she is a great mother and wife, but I can tell when she gets tired and stressed. During such times, her stability and co-ordination get worse and she slurs her speech more. With day to day routine, she does great but she still struggles with many of the issues that she has faced for some time now.

I am graduating from college; more than 11 years after I started. It seems crazy how far I've come in the last year. I've worked my tail off, but I know that there is no way I could have done all that I have in so short a time without divine intervention. Now if I can just find a teaching job.

Our kids are doing great. I can't believe how fast they seem to be growing. There are times when I wish I could snuggle each of them as tiny babies again, even just for a few minutes.

I want you all to know how grateful we have been for all that everyone has done for us over these last (almost) three years. I have walked through the fires of my own personal hell. My biggest fear has always been that some tragedy would befall a member of my family. Katrina's determination and fighting spirit has been inspiring to me. Through all of this many of you have helped my family and me in big and little ways. Thank you all so much.    

No comments:

Post a Comment