what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Friday, March 4, 2011

update 3-4-11

Katrina was observed by her mentor teacher this week. She gave her some suggestions and I hope that they help. I just keep hoping and praying that she'll succeed at work. She loves teaching so much.

She is doing really good as far as things outside of work are concerend. I can tell when she gets tired though. Her gait becomes a little less stable and he speech slurs a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I had a brain injury abou 14 years ago and it did take some time, but she should be so proud at how well she is doing. I don't think things ever get completely back to the way they were. Every once in a great wall I will be giving a presentation or something and thinking of saying one work and another comes out. For instance I think dog and say cat. It is funny now and everyone will just laugh and say TBI because they know the situation. It isn't funny for Katrina yet but it will be, I promise.

    ReplyDelete