what is this blog about?

On June 18th 2010, Katrina went in to have an MRI done so the doctors could try to figure out why she was getting dizzy. What they found was a medulloblastoma (Brain Cancer) tumor between her fourth ventricle and cerebellum.

This blog is a journal for Her, and Her Husband, Scott, as they face this together.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back to it.

Well, tommorrow Katrina and I start to get back into a work routine. I have seen the way she seems to be handling getting prepared and I must say that I have been impressed by how well together she seems to be about it. Maybe I just didn't have enough faith in her, maybe I just anticipate the worst too often. I think that as long as it doesn't wear her out she'll do great.

I'm more worried about my own job now. It has been nearly, if not, five months since I've been to work regularly. I'm worried about getting back into the swing of things. I guess it is just one more step in this whole process that I'm not anxious about.

It has been such a long journey, and sometimes it seems like It has been years rather than months. I know I feel that I have aged years rather than months and I don't feel like I'm even the same person as I was. This I know, I love my wife my love for her is the strongest it ever gas been. I love my children they have been a bright spot, a lighthouse in the dark and tumultuous sea at times. The time we spent away from them gas been hard. I am eternally thankful for all the love prayers and gifts we have received.I know that without the love and support of our heavenly father I would have long since collapsed under this burden.

Thank you all for what you have done for us. It's hard to tell at this point if we are leaving the woods behind or just entering a clearing before plunging back into the dark and vine strewn pathways of the forest. either way it is nice to enjoy a little bit of sunlight for a while. 

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if your last post had meant that Katrina was starting work too. That's impressive. And I hope it will be great for her to get back to something she loves.
    As for you, you are coming back to a very capable and amazing program. And that's not to say that we don't need you, but that it will be better with you. I really am happy with how things have gone, and you have amazing staff. One of the best groups I've ever worked with. I hope we don't drive you crazy, and that you can come join in the fun. We laugh a lot, and joke, and it's just been fun. The kids on the other hand...well, you'll see how they are. It's great though. Can't wait to see you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to get home and call Katrina to she how her first day went! Happy to hear it went well. I know I tend to imagine the worse, and have been worried about how it would go, but she has been so determined all through this to get back to work as soon as she could. Sometimes I could use HER strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know how the first day back to work was for both of you.

    ReplyDelete